Scanning on the MyPrint service
Scanning facilities are available from MyPrint devices in more than 40 cluster locations across campus.
To use these facilities you will need to login to the MyPrint device by swiping your student card. If you do not have a student card available you can also login to the devices using your username and a MyPrint PIN (which can be setup using the Myprint portal).
By default, after logging in you will see the list of your current pending print jobs.
To scan a document
- Select the "Fax/Scan" button under the colour screen.
- Select the "Email Me" option, which will already be set to your University of Leeds email address. You cannot send a scan to any other location.
- Lifting the lid on the MyPrint device, place the document to scan on the glass.
- Each side scanned (A3 or A4, colour or black and white) will be charged at 0.5p - against your current MyPrint balance. You can purchase additional printer credits through a number of routes.
- By default each scan is sent as a separate, black and white, pdf document, but you can change these settings if required from within the "Scan Settings" option.
- Once you have chosen your scan settings press the "Start" button.
- The scanned document will be sent to your email address.